General Senior Scholarship Application Extensive Info
We have made this process easy for you. You only need to complete this single application to be eligible for all our local scholarships. Scholarships range from $500 to $2,000. This application automatically considers you for all the following local scholarships and many, many more:
- EMS ISD Education Foundation Merit
- Mike and Janet Greene
- Max and Mollie Newcom Memorial
- John and Elaine Craft Honors
- Vandolyn and Frank Roszell
- Heidi and Dick Elkins Merit
- Yvonne and Bill Flippo
- Adam Alvino Memorial (Men’s Athletics)
- Al David Griffin Memorial
- Angie and Dennis Haar
- Bemis Family Dental
- Bill and Mary Lynn Anderson Memorial
- Carmen and Richard Kunselman (Swim)
- Courtland G. Canterbury Memorial
- Community Link Mission
- Dalton Bailey Memorial (Band)
- Diane Winans Memorial Scholarship (Education)
- Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD Retired Teachers (Education)
- Gary McKinney Memorial Scholarship
- Hedy and Art Wilcock Memorial
- Isaiah and Elijah Lopez Memorial
- Jared Hardy Fine Arts (Choir)
- Joan Sipll PACE Scholarship
- Lexi White Memorial (Softball)
- Lexi White School Spirit
- Marine Creek HOA
- Martha Pittenger Memorial
- Mary Lee and Weldon Hafley Honors
- Pearls of Wisdom (Education)
- Randall Hatley Jr. AVID Memorial
- Rebecca Russell Memorial
- Robert Walton Love of the Game
- Saginaw Lions Club Special Achiever
- Stage 3 Scholarship
- Taco Casa Scholarship
- TX Health Harris Methodist – Alliance (Nursing)
- Windy Ryon Foundation
- PTA/PTO scholarships
Scholarships are read by diverse panels of judges with various backgrounds seeking to pair a student with the perfect scholarship to help them succeed. The criteria for selecting recipients varies from scholarship to scholarship. Criteria may include academic success, extra-curricular activities, citizenship, field of study, etc. so please answer each question with as much detail as possible.
Eastside and Westside PTO award multiple scholarships. However, you or a parent must be a member of PTO. Before beginning this application, check the status of your family membership if wanting to be considered for one of their scholarships. We have included a link for you to join either the Eastside or Westside PTO for your convenience.
- Apply for West PTO (Boswell High School, Chisholm Trail High School, Watson High School)
- Apply for East PTO (Saginaw High School)
Please consider applying for FASFA and specific community college and university scholarships in addition to this local scholarship application. FASFA opens in October, so begin that process early and be the first to apply. After you graduate be sure to invest time in reapplying for FASFA every October. Apply for FAFSA HERE.
Before you begin:
- Gather your 4-year class scheduling data (Skyward).
- Collect extra-curricular, work and volunteer data to answer questions (hours and dates).
- Be prepared to submit a list of notable accolades (awards from your high school years).
- Team up, have a parent help you with answering the financial sections.
- Practice writing the essay answers to better understand what you want the reader to understand about yourself. Include your accolades, struggles, ambitions, and triumphs. Always have a second (or third) proofreader. Use complete thoughts and sentences and appropriate grammar. Be compelling and clear.
- Select two (2) teachers to give a recommendation of you as a college-ready student and give them ample time to complete by the deadline (ask them now, today). Make sure the teacher knows you well and can speak to your strengths. You will invite them to fill out a teacher recommendation on your behalf. You can ask them today, even if you haven’t started your application.
Students pursuing a culinary arts field of study that wish to apply for the Chef Laurent Champalle Memorial Scholarship must complete this additional form and return to Chef Natale at HCTC. The student application must be completed and also turned into a school counselor. Teacher recommendation forms are NOT necessary for this specific scholarship eligibility.
Students in 8th grade attending Creekview Middle School, are eligible for the 8th Grade Merit Scholarship honoring Anthe Anagnostis. Please click on the link below, download the application to your computer, and apply for this scholarship. Please note, the due date of this scholarship is on the form. You will also need two (2) teacher recommendations.